The BE-HyFE project is organizing a first Hydrogen Week (9-13 May) for its 16 ESRs, but we want to include as much Belgian academics as possible, which is why we are opening up parts of the program to all of you:
We offer all Belgian academics, either working on hydrogen-related topics or with an interest in the topic, the following:
A week of hydrogen lectures that all Belgian academics can follow online. Our 9 lectures in total cover the hydrogen value chain and are given by top-notch Belgian professors from all universities. A very convenient way to get a complete overview of the hydrogen value chain and Belgian context.
- Mon 09/05 | 13.30 – 15.00h Introduction to Hydrogen :What is hydrogen, what can we do with it and what role will it play?
- Mon 09/05 | 15.30 – 17.00h Hydrogen production :How do you produce green hydrogen? What is an electrolyzer? Differences between electrolyzers? What are the other production routes for hydrogen?
- Tue 10/05 | 09.00 – 10.30h Hydrogen fuell cells for energy & mobility : What is a fuel cell? Different types of fuel cells? What role can they play? What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Tue 10/05 | 11.00 – 12.30h Hydrogen combustion for energy & mobility : What role will hydrogen combustion play? Which applications? What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Wed 11/05 | 09.00 – 10.30h Hydrogen safety & permitting : Safety: what to do and what not to do? What do you have to take into account for permits?
- Wed 11/05 | 11.00 – 12.30h Material aspects related to hydrogen transport : How is hydrogen stored, transported and distributed? What are possible hydrogen- material interactions?
- Wed 11/05 | 13.30 – 15.00h Geopolitics of hydrogen : What role could hydrogen play in an international context? Can hydrogen disrupt energy systems? What are the uncertainties for a future hydrogen market?
- Fri 13/05 | 13.30 – 15.00h Hydrogen to other molecules : How can hydrogen be converted to other useful molecules? What is the role of hydrogen in CCU? What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Fri 13/05 | 15.30 – 17.00h Policy framework for hydrogen : What are the most important policy frameworks for hydrogen? What is the Belgian approach? What about Europe?
Free, but registration required.